Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 23rd, 2024, 8:34pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Obama honors champion Cardinals »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Obama honors champion Cardinals
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Obama honors champion Cardinals  (Read 439 times)
zg129
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Obama honors champion Cardinals
« on: Feb 17th, 2016, 9:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

<p>WASHINGTON (AP)   President Barack Obama on Tuesday dubbed the St. Louis Cardinals the "greatest comeback team in the history of baseball" thanks to their thrilling late season charge into the playoffs and death defying, seven game triumph in Dt5FW6a9x last November's World Series.</p>
The Cardinals were 1012 games back at the end of August, but rallied to win a National League wild card spot on the last day of the regular season. They trailed in cheap nfl pro bowl jerseys each playoff round and were twice within a strike of elimination in Game six cheap super bowl jerseys of the series with the Texas Rangers before David Freese's walk off home run in the 11th saved them.</p>
Mrs. Obama was present at the series opener, and she thanked the Cardinals for all they do for military families. Then team owner Bill de Witt gave both Obamas team jerseys and souvenir bats.</p>
"I'm a little bit worried about giving my wife a bat," the president joked. "If I mess up ."</p>
His wife deadpanned, "I'll take my bat," then hefted and glancing meaningfully in Obama's direction, as Cardinals players, team officials and Missouri lawmakers chuckled.</p>
Two key figures of the championship season were absent. Manager Tony La Russa retired after the series. And Albert Pujols signed a $240 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels in the offseason.</p>
He noted in late August, Las Vegas oddsmakers had the Cards 500 to 1 underdogs.</p>
"But through skills, guts and I think the team would agree just a little bit of luck   just a touch   this team made the playoffs," Obama said. "And even though they trailed in each of the series that followed, they somehow had the spirit and the determination and the resolve to survive." http://www.agrararu.hu/joomla/index.php?option=com_fireboard&amp;Ite mid=86&amp;func=view&amp;catid=2&amp;id=59296#59296<br>http://www.drugtestcentral.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=30846&am p;#post30846<br>http://kengerli.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73389&PID=76539#76539<br></p>
IP Logged
huang1
ForumsNet Member
Afghanistan 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Obama honors champion Cardinals
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2016, 3:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

kobe xi elite
Kobe 11 Elite
Kobe X Elite
zapatillas air max 2016
Nike Air Pegasus
Maillot NBA
New York Giants Jersey
2016 LBJ Shoes
Canotte Basket
New England Patriots Jersey
Canotte Basket
Maglie NBA
Canotte NBA
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.